Suwannee River Economic Council’s Vision :
Our customers embrace the challenge to rise above the perils of poverty,
and discover within themselves the courage and strength to succeed.
Suwannee River Economic Council’s Mission :
Is to embrace a community full of potential; and to educate and motivate
present and future generations to discover and realize the
dream of a comfortable and productive lifestyle.
DISASTER HOME DAMAGE ASSISTANCE
Assistance for home damage related to Hurricane Idalia is possible through the S.H.I.P. program depending on eligibility.
Click here for the Disaster Repair Application for each of the counties for whom we administer the SHIP program.
**For additional information please contact the S.H.I.P. office at 386-362-4115 ext. *245 or email Bailey Edwards, email@example.com.
SERVICE CENTER PROGRAM ONLINE APPLICATION:
( LIHEAP, LIHWAP & FSSP )
If you have any questions or concerns regarding Service Center programs,
please email them to us along with your name, contact information, and county in which you live in:
ONLINE APPLICATIONS FOR SERVICES ARE ONLY ACCEPTED EACH MONDAY FROM 8AM – 5PM
An online application must be submitted for EACH service requested.
Please read the following information before applying for services:
- Each time you apply for services all documents must be provided. Your Case Manager does not have access to any of your previously submitted documents. They are stored in compliance with the State of Florida to prevent fraud for your safety.
- If your application is submitted successfully, you will receive confirmation and a online household ID number. Once your online application is received and your application reviewed for accuracy and eligibility, it may be rejected for one or more of the following reasons:
- Applications will be rejected if your documents are not uploaded with your application.
- Applications will be rejected if you enter incorrect information regarding your household and household members.
- Applications will be rejected if you do not have a past due balance at the time of application.
- Once you submit your application and it has been reviewed for accuracy by a case manager, you will be placed on a list. The list will be sorted by priority points. Priority will be given to households who have one or more members who are over 60 years old, a disabled individual or a child under 5 years old. In addition, all households will receive a reduction in points due to previous assistance.
Households with the highest number of priority points will be assisted first, until funding is exhausted for that week.
We cannot guarantee that households with or without priority points will be assisted due to a reduction in funding.
Funding is limited and we strongly encourage everyone to seek other resources in your area.
- If we are able to assist you, a Case Manager will either call or email you to inform you of any additional documents that may be needed for processing your application. You will have 3 business days to submit these documents. If your documents are NOT submitted within that time, your application will be voided and you will be required to reapply the following Monday.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR ONLINE APPLICATION SUBMISSION:
- Picture Identification for everyone eighteen (18) years of age and older living in the household. Must show Florida residency and identification cannot be expired over one (1) year.
- Social Security cards for everyone living in the household.
- Birth Certificate for all children ages five (5) and under in the household. (EFFECTIVE: 5/10/2023)
- Proof of income for everyone eighteen (18) years or older living in the household.
- Current wages paycheck stub or statement; Weekly (4), Bi-Weekly (2), Monthly (1).
- Current Social Security/Veteran benefit letter (SSI, SSDI, SSA, VA) with proof of Disability if applicable.
- Last 30 days child support. If there is no child support, please write a statement that there has been no child support in the last 30 days, signed.
- Self-Employment Statement
- TANF/Cash Assistance
- If there is no income for someone over 18, please write a statement that there has been no income in the last 30 days, signed.
- Current Food Stamp verification letter with awarded dollar amount.
- Homeowners – Proof of Home ownership (Ex; Title, Bill of Sale, Deed, Mortgage statement, Property card printed from your County Property Appraiser website.)
- Renters – Current Lease or Shelter Verification Form. HUD and Income based housing must provide the Tenant Calculation form 50059.
Downloads, screenshots, & photos are acceptable methods of providing documents via upload or email. Your photos must be clear and not combined with other items, ID’s & Social Security cards for more than one household member may be all in one photo but all writing must be legible. Photos of partial documents are not acceptable. Please capture the entire document in one photo. Case Managers must be able to print your documents and read them to be placed in your file.
There may be further documentation needed if so, a Case Manager will contact you via email for needed documents. You will have 3 business days to submit those documents to your case manager.
By proceeding with your online application, you are agreeing that you have read and understand the above information statement and have all required documentation listed.
!!! IMPORTANT SYSTEM UPDATE !!!
***PLEASE SELECT THE NEW LINK BELOW TO BEGIN YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION FOR SERVICES***
LINK FOR ONLINE APPLICATION:
** Effective July 7, 2023 **
Due to a statewide reduction in funding, our agency is faced with the difficult decision to revert to prioritizing applicants for utility assistance. Effective immediately, high priority households will be assisted first, and all previously assisted households will have a reduction in points. Please be aware that your application may not be processed, and you may need to seek assistance from other agencies and resources in your community.
High priority households are as follows:
Households with individuals who are over 60 years of age
Households with individuals who are disabled
Households with children under 5 years of age
Online applications will only be accepted each Monday from 8am to 5pm. Please be aware that we are unable to accept online applications for LIHEAP once the online application period is closed.
Once your online application has been received your name will be placed on our weekly waiting list, and you will be contacted within 2 business days to schedule an in-person appointment for assistance. If you have not been contacted within two business days, then we are unable to assist you and you will need to reapply the following Monday to restart the process.
We cannot guarantee assistance, as funding is extremely limited.
We Do Business in Accordance With the Federal Fair Housing Law
(The Fair Housing Amendments Act of 1988)
It is illegal to discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex,
handicap, familial status, or national origin.