ELECTION HAS BEEN POSTPONED TO A LATER DATE DUE TO CONCERNS REGARDING COVID -19.
SECOND ELECTION NOTICE
The Suwannee River Economic Council, Inc. will hold an election for a Bradford County Representative of the poor.
The Representatiove need not be poor, but must be chosen in a manner to insure that they represent the poor.
To be elected, an individual must be at least 18 years of age and a resident of Bradford County.
Individuals interested in having their name placed on the ballot should contact Lisa Johns at 904-964-6696, ext. 22 no later than March 16th at 10:00 a.m.
The election will be held March 17th thru March 23, 2020 in the Suwannee River Economic Council, Inc.’s (SREC) office located at 1210 Andrews Circle, Starke.
This election will fulfill the current term ending May 2021. A new election process will begin at that time for the Five (5) year term limit.
Listed below are the general duties of SREC, Inc. Board members:
- Sets major organizational, personnel, fiscal and program policies.
- Determines overall program plans, priorities and evaluation of performance.
- Final approval of all program proposals.
- Enforcement of compliance with all conditions of State, Federal, and Local grants.
- The term of office as a SREC, Inc. Board member will be the remainder of the five (5) years (2016-2021).
- The Board of Directors meets quarterly in Live Oak, Florida.
Posted March 17, 2020