|The Suwannee River Economic Council, Inc. will hold an election for a Dixie County Representative of the poor.
The Representative need not be poor, but must be chosen in a manner to insure that they represent the poor. To be elected, an individual must be at least 18 years of age and a resident of Dixie County.
Individuals interested in having their names placed on the ballot should contact Katie Garza at 352-498-5018, ext. 1 no later than 12:00 p.m., April 26, 2019.
The election will be held April 29th thru May 3, 2019 at the Suwannee River Economic Council, Inc.’s (SREC) office located at: 314 NE 255th Street, Cross City, FL.
Listed below are the general duties of SREC, Inc. Board Members:
- Sets major organizational, personnel, fiscal and program policies.
- Determines overall program plans and priorities and evaluation of performance.
- Final approval of all program proposals.
- Enforcement of compliance with all conditions of State, Federal and Local grants.
- The term of office as a SREC, Inc. Board member will be five (5) years (2019 – 2024).
- The Board of Directors meet quarterly in Live Oak, Florida.