BOARD OF DIRECTOR’S
The Suwannee River Economic Council, Inc. will hold an election for a Madison County Representative of the poor.
The Representative need not be poor, but must be chosen in a manner to insure that they represent the poor. To be elected, an individual must be at least 18 years of age and a resident of Madison County.
Individuals interested in having their names placed on the ballot should contact Shamika Thorton at 850-973-6709 no later than
12:00 p.m., February 15, 2019.
The election will be held February 18 thru February 22, 2019 at the Suwannee River Economic Council, Inc.’s (SREC) office located at 146 SE Bunker Street, Madison, Florida.
Listed below are the general duties of SREC, Inc. Board Members:
- Sets major organizational, personnel, fiscal and program policies.
- Determines overall program plans and priorities and evaluation of performance.
- Final Approval of all program proposals.
- Enforcement of compliance wit all conditions of State, Federal and Local grants.
- The term of office as a SREC, Inc. Board member will be five (5) years (2019 – 2024).
- The Board of Directors meet quarterly in Live Oak, Florida.
Published January 18, 2019